Skip to main content

Festive Season

I look forward to the festive season every year… there’s nothing more beautiful than the sight of colorful lights, music and jingle bells in every corner.

I always contradict myself- as beautiful the decorations are and everything else, but once the festive passes; so much needs to be cleaned and repaired. I guess that is the disadvantage of celebrating or being in a festive season. The spending and the sudden-niceness all of a people to you.

Most of all, I look forward to going home, spending sometime with my mother. The smell that takes you way back to very old days of your youth, growing up and becoming a person. The friendly and devious faces that recognize you in every corner you turn. Where people know you by name or by your mother's name, even small kids way too young but they know you.

Home sweet home, even though I will not be there long enough as usual but just being there a day or two is all that counts to me. My mother is the kind of woman who does everything for herself, I am talking about garden work painting walls and spring cleaning. A very strong willed female who does not depend on anyone else but herself to grow and to make things right.

Somehow I feel that I have the same qualities as she does but way too far from being perfect as she is. She teaches me something new everyday even thought I see her once or thrice in year. I guess all mothers are like that, it’s in their nature to care and to always be givers.

The wonders of the universe and the remarkable beauty that can be seen in nature when you throw away your entire cares ad you simply give-into your dreams and the politeness within. Life is wonderful and it is worth living, don’t miss a minute of it. Be there in the moment and recall every movement, every smell, taste and emotion and even the weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2010

Let the New Year begin Be grateful of 2009, may it been a lesson to you and your heart that there is good and there is evil Have the WILL to overlook your shadows and embrace your forefront My New Year’s Resolutions are: Conviction to change that will develop into determination and my determination will then transform into action If I was selfish I would be the happiest person standing Ask me no more of love because it has conquered me and diminished my existence as a free soul Let me walk and talk as though in a dream This year…Is not for me

Think again

May God show way and open your eyes to a better future… People are lost and led by the blind. Solutions: Vote for someone else on the poles rather than Mbeki or Zuma…vote for a president that will be not in scandals and someone who will bring unity and fresh ideas. These people do not have the power with out your vote. You hold the power to free us from all this shame. For almost a decade if not more, we have lived as a united/ rainbow nation with every one welcome and appreciated… and now, all of a sudden there are noticeable differences. All along you did not see the man next to you is from Zimbabwe and now they are in crisis all of a sudden you see an enemy. Fine let’s say- all the Zimbabweans go home as you wish…what then? Will you be able to provide the service that they provided? Will you be able to demote yourself and take an offer that you know very well that you are worth double the value? No, you won’t. I hope that we are aware that what we do has consequences; the blood you ...