Skip to main content

This life is no child's play

This life is no child’s play for real You know, some of us complain about how much you hate your boss and how unfair everything is There are people that don’t have jobs out there that will give anything to at least be working We are so spoilt of our comfort and never look back to realize how far we have come We often forget our beginnings and seek out more without considering other people’s feelings and priorities This life that we live in is really no child’s play But… that doesn't change the small desires that started us all in this place… Remember the stars use to shine brighter and if you were lucky you’d catch a shooting star and make a wish Remember there use to be wonderful moments of basking in the sun with no concern of skin cancer but enjoying the beauty and natural feel of being exposed to nature’s best Back in the day when priority and principle meant more than running away from reality We never use to hide behind spliff and a glass of beer…we were warriors then Back in the day where we knew and focused on clear visions of the so vividly clear future Today, all is dark and bleary; all is foggy and gloom Let me take a glass and I will feel better about myself or at least forget all that seems to crowd my brain No, my friend. It works not that way All you will get is a case of end results from mother nature called science and biology… you will get sick, you will lose your health and suffer traumatically because of the damage you may have caused to your body You only killing yourself…who cares…go ahead This life is really no child’s play my friend…as bad, as gloomy, as foggy as it is today – I carry a life into this world

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warning

I am Love's enemy-- the pain that never goes away, the destroyer of all that is good in your heart I take it you have now seen the monster that resides within, you have mingled and defined/ told apart the weak points from the good Your views from mine make me believe you to be right and i oh i now look down on myself with shame of the monster that i have become Allow me not to turn you into this beast i have become, run and run as far as you can. Hide and forget about my existence because this beast i so hate myself is still me I can not run but to stand and fight, I am in despair and denial I feel undeserving of anything great and pure For i have seen pure turn to dust and great turn to evil Why is the sun suddenly disappearing from my window- how is darkness falling upon me? Have i lost my guard? Is this pain self inflicted? or is the truth hard to swallow? Wake up rise and shine, the world awaits... no time for frowns and heartaches. why choose this soul out of so many? My ...

02 Feb 1990

I was starting school that year, I was scared as hell- come to think of it now- I have no idea what was so frightening?!? I remember getting lost after break trying to find my classroom- lol; I thought it was the end of the world. You don’t understand how frightening it is, to a five year old (turning six) to be in an environment full of people the same age screaming ,shouting, crying and just running loose. It was chaotic (I think my phobia of being in large groups of people started then) I came back from school that day to find my mom and a few of my uncles and aunties dancing with Joy, I still was in the dark (confused). Whilst at school, we did hear some commotion earlier that day and we ran to the classroom windows to see what was happening outside… I ran to my room to put my school bag down and went to sit next to my mom; they were chatting and drinking in celebration. I played a guessing game in my head “is it my birthday today? No, there’s no cake, hmmm, is it my mom’s birthday...

The System

My heart, why you hurting so? What has brought upon you so much pain? As strong and flexible as you are I think you tried to hard and bent too far. My heart, what troubles you so? What has left you in such turmoil? As brave as you have been in the past, it seems that you won’t last. My feet, why do you drag me down so? What chain and ball is slowing you down? As fast as you have been to carry me through so many fires and devotion you have shown. My hands, why do you tremble so? What fear and pain has left useless? As magical as you have been with a pen and paper but now you are clueless. My hands, why you allow my syllabus leave me behind? What has left you disable? What work can be done if not completed buy writing it down with my hands, they are not able. My eyes, why do you cry so? What has disturbed your concentration and stolen you vision? As sharp and sparkling as you have always been in the past but now you show signs of depression. There is something wrong with the system, the ...